I should be doing an accounting quiz right now, but I don't feel like it. I'll do it tomorrow. I'd like to share with you my first time experience I had last week. Charlie and I canned for the first time together and for me it was my first time canning We don't have a pressure cooker, so we hot wate bathed them. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, just time consuming. We felt like this is a skill we should learn especially as food prices keep going up. We actually got 18 quart size jars. We would've had 19 but one of the cans didn't seal. I thought that was a pretty good ratio for our first time. Maybe next year we'll expand our horizons to include pickles or apples or something like that. I'll include a picture soon.
The kids didn't have school on Friday (teacher prep day) so we went to a children's museum in Ann Arbor. I have a cute little video clip I hope to post soon of our trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hooray for you! You are awesome. I am totally into canning lately. Well, I haven't done much, but it sounds appealing to me all the sudden. Next summer I think I will try a few things. This summer I did corn and that was fun.
Kerri
Isn't that funny, it's been appealing to me all of a sudden this year too. How weird.
Post a Comment